Howdy, Northeast Runners and Walkers! The Foodie Four Mile – Run to the Market is less than two weeks away! Put on your shoes and run with the veggies!
The leek’s the one to beat! He’s in the ground, all over town, and already registered for the Foodie Four Mile! Spring into action and register as your favorite vegetable today!
YOU CAN REGISTER:
- Right now at www.active.com. (Registration on active.com closes May 30th).
- In person at the Eastside Food Co-op (2551 Central Ave NE) on Thursday May 30th or Friday May 31st between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m. It’ll be quick, easy, convenient — and instantly gratifying, since you’ll get your race packet right then and there.
- On race day at the B.F. Nelson park start/finish line between 6:45 and 7:45 a.m. But registering before race day will help insure there is no delay in receiving your market race apron!
AWESOME COURSE, SNACKS AND VOLUNTEERS:
The course starts at B. F. Nelson Park, winds along the Mississippi River through the St. Anthony West, Nicollet Island, and St. Anthony Main districts. Birds and blossoms on every block, guaranteed! We cross the Stone Arch Bridge and run the river’s other side. Stop at the 2-mile mark water stop under the Hennepin Bridge and give a shout out to Girl Scout Troop 13533, who is earning their volunteer badge for helping out. Then finish the last two on the wooded west side riverfront parks and Boom Island before finishing back at B.F. Nelson Park for a smorgasbord of foodie delights.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Foodie race without great post-race treats supplied by sponsors Equal Exchange, Eastside Food Co-op, Great Harvest Bread Company, and Chowgirls! And thanks to TruStone Financial for sponsoring the water stops.
- Will I be timed? The Foodie is a “fun run.” There will be a clock at the finish but it will be as competitive as you make it.
- What should I bring? Dogs, strollers, and especially costumes are welcome! But leave your trash at home — it’s a no waste event!
- What if I have a question about the Foodie Four Mile that is asked less frequently? Contact Chris Linde at firstname.lastname@example.org.